Halloween Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs

Sunday, November 1, 2009



These are the best sugar cookies for rolling & cutting.  I love the fact that I don't have to chill the dough too.  I use this dough all through the year for making cut-out sugar cookies.  It's not an overly sweet dough so after frosting your teeth won't ache from sugar overload either.  It's also makes a nice sturdy cookie to decorate. I need to work on my decorating skills.  I really want to learn to decorate cookies with Royal Icing.  Maybe I can try it out with Christmas cookies.

Here is the recipe so you can try making some yourself.

Soft Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup margarine or shortening
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 5 tsp baking powder
  • 1 cup milk or buttermilk
  • 5 cups flour
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  • Cream together margarine and sugar in a large bowl. In a seperate bowl mix salt, nutmeg, baking powder and flour together. Add to sugar & margarine mixture, alternating with buttermilk. Mix throughly.
  • Do not use flour to roll out (I place between 2 sheets of parchment paper). Cut out cookies with cookie cutter and bake for 8-10 minutes
I frosted these with store bought cream cheese frosting & used chocolate chips for the eyes. You can certainly make your own frosting if you would like.


Click to save & print

Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

To Cook or Not to Cook Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino