Chocolate Cream Filled Cupcakes

Friday, March 27, 2009


I made these cupcakes this week. This was my first attempt at piping the icing and filling cupcakes. I think they turned out pretty darn good. Everyone says they tasted really good too. For my personal taste I think they were a bit too sweet. I'm looking forward to making other types of cupcakes now. I'm on the search for new and exciting recipes to try. :)


The recipe I used for the cupcakes and frosting can be found here.

Cream Filling

  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 1/4 cup shortening
  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Pinch salt
In a mixing bowl, combine butter, shortening, confectioners' sugar, milk, vanilla and salt; beat until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Insert a Bismark tip into a pastry or plastic bag; fill with cream filling.

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comments:

Melodie said...

Yum! I've always wanted to learn how to make cream filled cupcakes! These look amazing! Will maybe try these this weekend for a little sugar buzz!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

To Cook or Not to Cook Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino