Hidden Rainbow

Thursday, March 19, 2009


This is the cake I made for the Princess on her actual birthday. Since her birthday falls on St. Patrick's Day we decided that a rainbow cake would be very fitting. It is an awesome party cake. I have to tell you, I could hardly wait to cut into this thing. The wait was well worth it. It is very cool!

I decided not to do a step by step for this cake because the original poster already did that. You can find those instructions here. It's really easy to make. The next time I make it I would definitely color the frosting though. It took a LOT of white frosting to hide all the rainbow colors.


____________________________________________________________________
Please keep in mind, this is cake. No where am I claiming this is a healthy cake, no where am I saying you should make this often. Yes it has food coloring. I used the gel colors so it doesn't take as much to get the vibrant colors you see in this cake.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

sarala said...

That is totally amazing. What a great cake! I'm sure there were some very happy kids!

Melodie said...

I love your disclaimer! Lol! I *want* to make this cake but I fear the food colouring at the birthday parties. Will maybe try when the kids are older and can "hold" their cake. lol!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

To Cook or Not to Cook Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino