Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes Approx. 7 Dozen
Original recipe can be found here.
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed (I always make my own w/granulated sugar and molasses - just add as little or as much molasses as you like.)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (or use 4 cups all-purpose flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate or swirled)
Preheat oven to 350°F or 176°C. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Mix butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs in large bowl. Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt. (I add the flour 1 cup at a time and mix well). Stir in entire bag of chocolate chips.
Using a cookie dough scoop drop on lined cookie sheet. Bake in oven for 9-12 minutes.
If you want a chewy cookie, you'll want to take these out of the oven just as they begin to brown. If you want a crunchy cookie leave in for 11-12 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for 2 -3 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Since this makes so many cookies and kids are kids, I usually just put out 1-2 dozen on a tray and package the rest up for the freezer.
Click to save & print