I love my crock pot! It's great on busy days or days I just want to get supper prep over and done with early. This is one of our new favorite recipes to use with stew meat. It's easy, smells great cooking and tastes even better. And it's a kid pleaser. :) Steam a big bowl of veggies or add a big tossed salad to this and you've got a great meal.
Crock Pot Hungarian Goulash
2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 large onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 cup water
1/4 cup flour
- Place meat in crockpot and cover with sliced onion.
- Combine garlic, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, paprika and mustard Stir in water, mix well, and pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Turn control to high. Dissolve flour in a small amount of cold water and stir into meat mixture.
- Cook on high for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
Click to save & print