Slow Oven BBQ Ribs

Friday, April 9, 2010


I've only started making bbq ribs in the last 3 years.  I tried before that but I could never get them to turn out good. They would always come out of the oven tough and chewy - yuck!  Then my parents came to visit us here in Nova Scotia and my dad made oven bbq ribs.  I wasn't expecting much but I was certainly surprised when they turned out so good. Now my kids are always asking can we have bbq ribs this week? I don't make them every week but sometimes enjoying some good bbq ribs is a real treat.  Here's how I make mine:

Slow Oven BBQ Ribs

1 bottle of BBQ sauce or equivalent homemade version
1 rack of ribs - beef or pork

Directions:
  1. Season ribs with your favorite seasoning. Place ribs  meat side down in a foil lined roasting pan. Add approximately 1.5 cups of water and cover.
  2. Bake at 300F for 2.5 hours. Turn ribs over carefully and spread bbq sauce over meat. Continue baking for 30 minutes. 

Click to save & print

Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

To Cook or Not to Cook Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino