Beef Tips Over Egg Noodles

Tuesday, January 12, 2010



This is what I made for supper tonight. The kids couldn't stop asking me when supper would be ready; it smelled that good. This is a really easy dish to make. And I think next time I'm going to try cooking it in the crock pot on low for 5-6 hours. Also I use whole wheat egg noodles and my family never notices the difference. To me this is pure comfort food - a great fall or winter meal. Hope you enjoy!

Beef Tips Over Egg Noodles

3 TB olive oil
2 lbs cubed stew meat
1 1/2 tsp onion powder (use real onion if your family won't grumble & complain when they see the onion bits)
2 cups water
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt (I totally left the salt out this time and it was fine without it.)
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 pkg brown gravy mix
1 cup water

In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add stew meat and cook on high until meat is browned on all sides (3-5 minutes). Pour 2 cups water, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce into the skillet. Stir in onion, garlic, salt (if using, it's fine without it) and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and let simmer for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Then combine the gravy mix and 1 cup of water, mix throughly and stir into meat. Bring to a boil stirring frequently until mixture slightly thickens.

Serve over egg noodles with a side of your favorite steamed veggies.


Click to save & print

*Edited to add: I was thinking about this recipe last night & the first time I made it, it was much better.  The first time I made it I was low on the Worcestershire sauce & the soy sauce. I think next time I make it I will start with 1/8 cup of each - taste and adjust. You may want to do the same.


Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

To Cook or Not to Cook Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino